Daily Spiritual Vitamins and Minerals for Your Soul: http://youtu.be/ac3NMCKD79k
Facebook like any other social media outlet gives you the opportunity to make new friends, reconnect with old ones, and network with people from all over the world. As useful and entertaining it can be but also very annoying and frustrating if people don’t conduct themselves in a proper way. So whether you are on Facebook for personal or business reasons, here are some do’s and don’ts you can use if not already to help you attract the right people and cultivate a lasting relationship.
• Have a nice profile picture: It doesn’t have to be professional but something appealing and welcoming, people want to know who they are connecting with.
• Have a cover picture: It’s a great way to creatively express yourself either personally or professionally for example: you can advertise your business by displaying your logo, book cover if you are an author, CD cover if you are a musician or anything interesting.
• Have a short bio: Don’t leave the “about” section blank, a little about yourself or your business will help you stand out.
• Post something interesting and positive at least twice a day.
• Share your testimony
• Post related comments under friends’ posts
• Be selective in your friend requests
• After accepting a friend request, send a brief thank you note.
• Only share posts that are useful, informative and reflective of who you are or your business
• Before PM (private message) someone, check out their profile first so you’ll have an idea to whom you are talking to.
• When doing a friend suggestion, let both parties know beforehand and tell them why you think connecting them is a good idea.
• Be social: remember it’s social media, be engaged, be friendly and have fun.
• Don’t complain, gossip and attack other people continuously
• Don’t tag yourself on a friend’s picture that you are not in
• Don’t share someone else’s personal picture without his/her permission
• If you PM (private message) someone twice or three times, they don’t answer, leave it there.
• Don’t force yourself, your belief or your business on anyone.
• Don’t be rude and nasty
• Don’t video call anybody without permission.
Growing up I thought in order to be an inspiration to others, you have to be rich and famous, then over the years I have met some people who weren’t rich nor famous but have inspired me and made huge difference in my life. Thinking back about them, I realize that they all share some common traits and they taught me that you don’t have to be rich and famous to be an inspiration. You just have to:
Be yourself: We are living in a time where everybody is trying to be someone else so it’s refreshing and inspiring to be yourself and love the person you are. Embrace your flaws and cultivate your strengths.
Be honest: Honesty is always the best policy. Be a person of your word, you can’t inspire others if they can’t trust you. Make promises you can keep and don’t make excuses. Be dependable, someone others can count on.
Be positive: Keeping a positive attitude in spite of all ups and downs of life says a lot about someone’s character. Most of the time, things will go wrong but if you keep a positive attitude, you will learn something valuable to help you next time. Positive attitude can be contagious and so can be doubt and negativity.
Be caring: Most people are more focused on themselves and have the “what’s in it for me” attitude, than caring for others. Learn to put someone else’s needs before your own, offer an helping hand to others.
Lead by example: Actions speak louder than words; always practice what you preach because you never know who’s listening and watching you.
Build people up: You don’t need to put others down to feel good about yourself. You build them up; make them feel good about themselves. Take a minute to give a sincere compliment. People will always remember how you make them feel.
Listen attentively: Listening is one of the hardest things these days because of all the distractions around us. Listening attentively to others shows them that they are important to you and you value their time.
Be supportive: A little support goes a long way, invest in people by supporting them, encourage them and help them to reach their full potential. Once in a while, people just want to know someone believes in them. Be that person.
Be passionate: Being passionate about what you do can be contagious and influential. People are naturally curious when they see how excited you are about your life and what you do.
Be assiduous: Consistency is required in anything you are doing in life. You cannot be here today and be gone tomorrow, show consistency and determination in anything you are doing.
Let your life and the way you live it inspire others.
A lot of people dream of becoming a writer but only a few has the discipline to write and the courage to expose their writings. Whether it’s the fear of rejection or exposing too much of themselves to the world, something always seem to be on the way to keep them from accomplishing that goal. Here are 7 helpful tips to help take your writing to the next level.
1. Write, Write and write some more: Use a daily journal, write about anything and everything. Practice makes perfect, the more you write, the better you will get at it. Invest time in your writing and it will pay off in the long run, remember writing is a process.
2. Read: Finding the time to read can be challenging especially if you are living a busy lifestyle but you must make the time to read. “Reading allows the brilliance of the best to rub off on your thinking” Robin Sharma
3. Join a writer’s group: Whether it’s online or local, joining a writer’s group will be good for you because not only you will be among likeminded people but also you will get honest feedbacks on your work.
4. Find your own voice and style: it’s good to learn from the best writers past and present in the world but it’s crucial that you find your own voice and develop your own style of writing that is just YOU, something that shows your personality and your uniqueness.
5. Get a mentor: A mentor will help you stay focus when you tend to be distracted. He/she will tell you about his/her mistakes and help you to avoid the same. He/she will inspire you, encourage you to keep going and stay focus when things seem impossible. You cannot reach your full potential without any guidance from someone who have been there and done that.
6. Don’t be afraid of criticism and rejections: As a writer, you should never be afraid of criticism and rejections because no matter how good you are, you will always experience them. The best thing you can do is to receive them graceful, learn from them, and don’t let them distract you or get you off track. “The final proof of greatness lies in being able to endure criticism without resentment”. Elbert Hubbard
7. Teach what you have learned: the best way to sharpen your skills as a writer is to teach others how to write. The more you teach, the more your understanding on the subject will deepen. As they always say: “teachers learn the most”.
1. Draft a business plan. If you have been operating without a business plan, well it’s time to draft one because not only it’s essential to the success of your business but it serves as a guide to keep your company on track and a tool you can use to evaluate your performance and make necessary corrections.
2. Get a business mentor: As a business owner, you need someone to hold you accountable whom you can trust to assess your progress with a fresh pair of eyes.
3. Never stop learning: spend time learning the in’s and out’s of the industry you are in. Invest in books, audios, seminars and also the SBA website has a wealth of free resources you can use.
4. Leave it to the experts: most businesses fail because the owners think they can do it all. Hire the qualified candidates to help and advise you. The growth of your business depends more on your ability to lead a team of qualified people than being an expert in everything.
5. Know your competitors: Getting to know your competitors will help you identify what you have in common with them and how you can differentiate yourself.
6. Secure Online Presence & Management is very important.
7. Build a strong team: Recruit the best of the best, skillful people who are committed to your vision.
8. Promote a healthy workplace: people tend to be very productive when they are being valued for what they do. Give credit where credit is due and appreciate diversity.
9. Provide world class service: Treat your clients the way you want to be treated and even better. Go the extra mile, build lasting relationships.
10. Make time for yourself: Managing a business can stressful so while you are spending time focusing on the business and making sure everything is running smoothly, take some times to relax, recharge and live life outside of the office.
Have a happy, healthy and productive New Year!
I always have a problem finding the right clothes to wear, the right accessories, the right shoes, and don’t even get me started with colors or what goes with what. It’s always been one of my challenges so instead I made a deal with my older sister, at the beginning she would shop for me and I would do all the house chores. It was good until she decided not to do it anymore because “It was about time that I did my own shopping” she said. With my busy schedule, and my lack of fashion sense I knew I needed to get a personal stylist but how much would it cost me?
Then I met Cindy Lafalaise best known as Priiincesss. She is the face and creator of Priiincesss, an online fashion boutique. Cindy has a passion for fashion and it shows with every single piece, her selections are fun and elegant at the same time. For someone like myself, I like to dress professional but at the same time; I want something sexy and trendy, something that not too many people already have but most importantly at a very reasonable price.
Even though her boutique Priiincesss is online but if you are local (Atlanta GA), she would go to you with selected pieces based on your likes or the occasion you are shopping for and advise you accordingly.
What makes Cindy and her boutique different from everyone else is that Cindy loves people, she is high spirited, full of energy, and she has a great personality. Her selections are fun, colorful, elegant and unique so whoever you are or the occasion you are shopping for, you will find something in her boutique just for you.
As an author and entrepreneur, I do a lot of public appearances so I always have to look my best and Cindy understands that. Her first pick for me for my book signing at the Radio Continentale 11th anniversary celebration in ATL was a big hit, it was not something that I would normally wear but she knew that particular piece would be great for the occasion. I trusted her and she was right, not only I got a lot of compliments on the dress but also I felt good wearing it. Fashion doesn’t have to be expensive with a fancy brand name on the tag, it just have to be unique to your style and match your personality. Sometimes you may not know what that is but Cindy will help you to find it, besides you are a PRIIINCESSS you can rock anything.
If you are like myself with a very busy schedule and no fashion sense or just want something different and affordable then Cindy should be your personal stylist and Priiincesss should be your only online boutique.
Facebook: Priiincesss Clothing
FB Group: Atlanta Haitian Fashionistas
Is it true that man is the product of his environment? The answer is NO, because growing up in Haiti in times of political instability, insecurity and extreme poverty, the fate of my life couldn’t be anything but an enormous failure. I would not let…
1. Make God the center of your life
2. Make it a habit to read the bible and pray every morning
3. Set your personal, professional and family goals
4. Write a plan of action for your goals, measure and adjust as necessary
5. Do a 7 day physical detox the first week of January combine with the first three days of fasting
6. Choose at least 3 mentors if you didn’t already have
7. Eat in small portion, eat often
8. Drink plenty of water
9. Exercise for at least 20 minutes a day every morning
10. Buy a good skin exfoliator
11. Read at least for 15 minutes every day
12. Keep a daily journal
13. Surround yourself with positive people
14. Listen to music
15. Block all negativity around you
16. Don’t waste your time worrying about the things you cannot change
17. Be opened to change
18. Always keep an open mind
19. Be an inspiration to others
20. Smile constantly
2013 was one of the most incredible years for me. I thank God for His unfailing love and faithfulness towards me. I wholeheartedly thank everyone who inspired me, and supported me throughout the year. Before I completely close the pages to 2013, I would like to share some of the valuable lessons that 2013 taught me in the hope that you will apply them to your 2014 for a better and successful year.
1. God should always be the center of everything in your life
2. Set personal, professional and family goals in the beginning of the year, revise and adjust as you go along.
3. Focus, determination and persistence are crucial to success
4. Leaving your comfort zone is the first step towards success
5. Your spiritual health is as important as your physical health; feed your soul as your feed your body everyday with the right diet.
6. Keep a daily journal
7. Take time to listen to nature, admire its beauty and be inspired
8. Give yourself completely in everything you are doing, it’s either you are in or out, there is no half way.
9. Never be ashamed or afraid to ask for what you want.
10. Always surround yourself with positive and like-minded people
11. Spend less time in front of the TV
12. Procrastination is the #1 killer of productivity
13. Learn how to prioritize your daily checklist
14. Time spent worrying is time well wasted
15. Speak with actions not with words
16. Never make promises you don’t intend to keep
17. Take time to recharge your internal battery at least once a month by doing something fun and unexpected or just spending time in meditation.
18. Be a friend to everybody
19. Criticism is a part of life, accept it gracefully and move on
20. Failure is a part of success, if you are afraid to fail you will never succeed
21. You will never know until you ask the right questions
22. Wake up each day expecting a miracle and go out be a miracle to someone
23. No matter how bad you think you have it, someone else is going through worst
24. Cry your eyes out when it hurts, you will feel better when you are done
25. Everybody wants to be a part of something great, be the one to make it happen
26. Celebrate other’s success and learn from their failures
27. Following a well-balanced diet with daily exercise and supplementation should be a part of your daily life to stay physically healthy
28. Don’t allow negative thoughts and negative minded people to intoxicate your life
29. Be patient, God’s timing is perfect
30. What others think or say about you is not your business
31. Your uniqueness will set you apart from the masses, don’t be afraid to share it
32. Learn as you go, grow as you learn
33. Honesty is refreshing, make it your daily habit
34. Treasure true friends, sometimes they are all we have in this world
35. Please and please have fun, life is too short.