As the New Year begins, I am embarking on a new journey towards my goals. Therefore, I am pressed to make some necessary changes in my life not only to avoid the same mistakes that I made the past years but also to provide myself better opportunities of succeeding in every aspect of my life. One of the things that I realized over the years, the more Yes to some distractions in whether they are people or things, the more prone I was to fail to achieve my goals, so in 2016 I will learn to say NO
1. NO to negativity: negativity is a poison, once you let it get into your mind, it will affect every corner of it and leave you petty, jealous, envious and ungrateful.
2. NO to procrastination: procrastination is the enemy of productivity, the more you delay in taking care of important things in life, the less likely you are to achieve your goals.
3. NO to drama makers: sometimes you just have to distance yourself from drama and the people who are creating it, be around such environment is infectious.
4. NO to unfruitful relationships: It’s unlikely that you’ll have a good relationship with everyone that crosses your path whether it’s in your personal life or professional life but it’s okay. However, you have to be wise to know when to let go of a relationship that is unfruitful.
5. NO to parasites: Some people in your life are only there to take from you, they can drain you out and leave you exhausted. Therefore keeping them around is just slowing you down and wearing you out.
By learning to say NO to these distractions, I’ll be able to focus on the things that matter, the things that inspire me, and help me grow and I wish you’d do the same.