1. Draft a business plan. If you have been operating without a business plan, well it’s time to draft one because not only it’s essential to the success of your business but it serves as a guide to keep your company on track and a tool you can use to evaluate your performance and make necessary corrections.
2. Get a business mentor: As a business owner, you need someone to hold you accountable whom you can trust to assess your progress with a fresh pair of eyes.
3. Never stop learning: spend time learning the in’s and out’s of the industry you are in. Invest in books, audios, seminars and also the SBA website has a wealth of free resources you can use.
4. Leave it to the experts: most businesses fail because the owners think they can do it all. Hire the qualified candidates to help and advise you. The growth of your business depends more on your ability to lead a team of qualified people than being an expert in everything.
5. Know your competitors: Getting to know your competitors will help you identify what you have in common with them and how you can differentiate yourself.
6. Secure Online Presence & Management is very important.
7. Build a strong team: Recruit the best of the best, skillful people who are committed to your vision.
8. Promote a healthy workplace: people tend to be very productive when they are being valued for what they do. Give credit where credit is due and appreciate diversity.
9. Provide world class service: Treat your clients the way you want to be treated and even better. Go the extra mile, build lasting relationships.
10. Make time for yourself: Managing a business can stressful so while you are spending time focusing on the business and making sure everything is running smoothly, take some times to relax, recharge and live life outside of the office.
Have a happy, healthy and productive New Year!