PMS the uncomfortable part of being a woman! Premenstrual Syndrome or PMS refers to a variety of physical and emotional symptoms that over 85% of women from different age groups experience in the lead up to a period. Each woman experiences different symptoms at a different level, and for some it may be very severe that it even affects their daily activities.
Symptoms of PMS include: Mild to severe cramps, bloating, fatigue, temporary acne, depression, mood swings, lack of focus, tender breasts, headache, lower back pain, lack of sleep and/or excessive sleepiness, food cravings and many more. Although there is no cure for PMS, the symptoms can be managed successfully with a lifestyle change, hormone treatments and proper medications.
Here are 4 simple ways to help you manage your PMS using TLS “Transitions Lifestyle System”. TLS will not only help manage your PMS symptoms but also make a huge difference in your life physically and emotionally. It’s all about education and implementation.
TLS Tip #1: Change Your Diet: Changing your diet to a low-glycemic not only healthier for you because controlling the Glycemic Index of your foods promotes normal blood-sugar levels and enables the body to stay in a fat-burning mode but also can make a difference in your PMS symptoms. Up your intake of water, fresh fruits, vegetables and quality carbohydrates, cut down on sweets, fat and salt. You will feel energized, and alert not only during your period but permanently.
TLS Tip #2: Supplements, Supplements and More Supplements: Even though you are eating fresh and healthy but you still have to supplement to replace the missing vitamins and nutrients in the food. And many of them can help ease the symptoms of PMS such as Calcium, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, Omega-3s, OPC3 and TLS ACTS.
• Calcium: Taking a daily recommended dose of Calcium can help to ease the discomfort of PMS, promote normal blood clotting, support healthy blood sugar levels and support healthy body weight.
• Isotonix Activated B complex: is a combination of eight essential B-vitamins that play a critical role in metabolism at the cellular level. B-vitamins are important for hundreds of biochemical reactions in the body. B vitamin deficiency can lead to fatigue and lethargy, which is why B-complex supplements are excellent energy boosters and anti-stress formulas. Studies have found vitamin B6 to offer significant relief to 60-80% of women when taken the right dosage.
• Magnesium: Magnesium is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body and supports more than 300 enzyme systems. It is required for energy, regulation of the body temperature, nerve function, adaptation to stress, metabolism and much more
• Omega 3: Helps maintain normal blood flow, promotes a healthy complexion and helps enhance mood
• OPC3: Helps reduce mild menstrual cramping and abdominal pain and supports a healthy complexion.
• ACTS may help managing the symptoms of PMS by reducing occasional fatigue associated with stress, help to enhance and stabilize mood, promote relaxation without drowsiness and support improved mental clarity.
TLS Tip #3: Get Moving: Exercise is an essential part of a healthy lifestyle. Doing any type of exercise that gets your blood flowing and your heart pumping will help ease fatigue, sadness and anxiety, which are common symptoms of PMS. Try exercise in the morning for 20 minutes before you start with your day, you will feel energized and more productive. Living an active life is not only going to help you with your PMS symptoms but also getting you in shape and reducing stress.
TLS Tip #4: A Good Night Sleep: Sleeping is healing; getting enough sleep helps your body repair the damages from the day. Helps to level out your mood and make you less irritable. And also by getting enough sleep, your body won’t have to rely on caffeine to keep you up.
When it comes to the time of the month, I always wish I was a man for one day because of the PMS symptoms and some months they are so severe that I can’t even function properly, doctors put me on birth control but it didn’t help with all the symptoms. Until two months ago, I started on the TLS because I wanted to live a healthy lifestyle, little did I know, TLS is not only helping losing the unwanted weight, boost my confidence but also helping me manage my PMS symptoms. Thanks to TLS, I am looking forward to my period every month, just mild cramps here and there for the first hour or so.